Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Economic crisis explained

Like many of you, I've been following the economic crisis for some time with great interest. I always like to understand as best as I can the cause and effect of things around us. As a big public radio listener for years I've been a fan of "Fresh Air" and "This American Life" for their insightful interviews and perspective on all sorts of topics. I've been referring a few patients to some specific programs I've heard over the past year that talk about the economy and i wanted to post the links for those specific shows. So follow though if you want more details on how we got into this mess.


PS. you can set up your itunes program to grab these shows each week automatically if you want to download and listen to them on your ipod. I like listening to books on tape and these programs when I'm out hiking with our dog, Rita. Maybe you would like to do something similar.


This American Life:


The Giant Pool of Money: Show # 355 5/9/08 http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1242


Another Frightening Show about the Economy: Show # 365 10/3/08



Bad Bank: Show # 375 2/27/09



Fresh Air:


These may seem a bit dated, as they were recorded 6 months ago, but I found them fascinating.